List of facilitators of the plat-form :
Summary of achievements
|Critères de bien-être
|Indicateurs de bien-être (3è cycle)
|Diagnostic des indicateurs de bien-être
|Planning et scénarios
|Outils pour la codécision et l'engagement
|Actions et projets
|Auto-évaluation du processus de la plate-forme
SPIRAL tools, phase by phase
Spiral consists a step-by-step methodology that combines 8 simple phases in 3 cycles, that combined together constitute a spiral.
Each of the three cycles marks a progress towards co-responsibility for the well-being of all, both in terms of number of stakeholders and citizens involved and clarification and smoothness of the process.
- During the first cycle, the process is launched together with stakeholders who are already mobilised or can easily be mobilised, in particular those who are taking an active part in the coordination group of the plat-form. This is an opportunity to establish well the process so that the coordination group can fully appropriate it, for instance doing a well-being evaluation within the initial group, impact evaluations...
- The second cycle aims at progressively widening the circle of persons taking part in the process to all the inhabitants and stakeholders of the territory, especially through the formation of homogenous groups and their multiplication.
- The third cycle consists in broadening coresponsibility with various actors within the plat-form territory and also other actors, outside of the territory.
Each cycle uses the same tools (coresponding to the same phases), but on a different level and population size. The third cycle sees some elaborate tools that broaden the results of the methodology.
Phase 1 - Homogenous groups
Organisation, mobilisation: organisation of the process and mobilisation of stakeholders/citizens concerned. In the first cycle, the homogenous groups are defined within the plat-form members, in the second and third cycle they are defined in the whole territory.
Homogeneous groups list
Phase 2 - Well-being definition
Co-design of the goals in terms of well-being: stakeholders/citizens co-define the objectives of the process they are considering, referring to the societal progress towards the well-being of all through co-responsibility. This is the flagship Spiral tool. Each homogenous group lists ill-being and well-being criteria that set the framework to define the actions and the impact evaluations. On the first phase criteria are collected in the limited homogenous groups that can be set up within the plat-form, in the second and third cycle they are collected on the whole territory.
Criteria initial entry
- Click the following link to enter criteria that have not yet been codified: Regular criteria entry Anonymous
- Click the following link to enter criteria that have already been codified, and have attribution to components: Alternate criteria entry Anonymous
Error in load(file = "/var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/export_stats_files/stats_4_R.Rda") :
empty (zero-byte) input file
- Edit/correct criteria - Anonymous
- Attribution of components and categories Anonymous
- Elaborate attributions - Anonymous
- Synthesis graphical - Anonymous
- Synthesis simple - Anonymous
- Standard statistics - Anonymous
- Link to custom stats of Anonymous?
Phase 3 - Well-being measure
Ex-ante co-evaluation: stakeholders, citizens take stock of the current situation in relation to the objectives they have set. In the first and second phases, this method can be used in completion of the criteria: each participant uses the criteria directly to measure his or her well-being, simply stating, in regard to each criteria + when his. her personal situation is more in the well-being side, or - if his. her situation is more on the ill-being side. This method helps to quickly draw a well-being - ill-being evaluation but can quickly become difficult when there are many criteria. So the third cycle contains specific tools to summarise criteria in order to keep this easy.
Quick well-being evaluations in first and second cycles
In the first and second cycle you can quickly evaluate the well-being levels, but it is still experimental. More info here: Quick well-being evaluations - Anonymous
Cycle 3 Tools
- Elaborate attributions - Anonymous
- Attribution of a meaning code - Anonymous
- Writing survey questions - Anonymous
- Indicators and survey forms - Anonymous
- Manage your surveying groups - Anonymous
- Entering surveys results - Anonymous
- Statistics of well-being - Anonymous
Phase 4 - Actions planning and scenarios
Projection, comparison: reflection, projection on the future with different possible scenarios and hypotheses of action; and comparison of possibilities.
This stage is to be done unformally in the coordination group of the plat-form, and does not need data entering in wikispiral.
Phase 5 - Involvement tools
Co-decision, commitment: choices are made and result in commitments and decisions, especially in terms of resource mobilisation and partnerships to implement. There is an experimental involving tool developed by Gironde CG33, that enables people to evaluate how much change he has to make in order to be 100% responsible for the environment and the coresponsibility for the well-being of all. As of now this tool is only there for demonstration purposes. You can see it here:Responsibility tool and here: responsibility mapping
Phase 6 - Actions
Acting together: implementation of the actions that were co-decided.
Phase 7 - Impact evaluations
Ex-post co-evaluation: stakeholders/citizens evaluate together the results and impacts achieved and draw lessons for the rest of the process.
- Evaluation Expressions initial entry: Evaluation Expressions entry Anonymous
- Access to evaluation expressions database: Edit/correct evaluation expressions - Anonymous
- Attribution of components and summaries to evaluation expressions: Attribution of components to evaluation expressions Anonymous
- Evaluations Synthesis with evaluation expressions: Synthesis print - Anonymous
- Evaluations Synthesis with summary sentences: Synthesis print - Anonymous
- Evaluations Statistics: Standard Evaluations statistics - Anonymous
Phase 8 - Platform evaluation
Revision, preparation of the next cycle: stakeholders /citizens review the process and prepare the next cycle of progress. A tool to take stock for the platform activities is currently under development for the Cabo Verde plat-forms. It will be implemented in wikispiral current 2017.